Environmental Impact Team
To improve resident health and environmental safety in our community by collaborating with partners to connect concerned citizens with innovative and effective solutions, evidenced-based strategies, education, and inclusive decision-making.
- To identify, educate, and take action on neighborhood scale environmental concerns (for example: recycling, outdoor air quality, walk-ability and transit, water resources, neighborhood greening and forest color).
- To provide input and support other Seeds of Promise impact teams as they identify and integrate environmental practices into the context of their work.
- To assist in bringing environmental expertise and campaigns to introduce to Seeds of Promise neighborhoods.
Safe Community Impact Team
To make the Seeds neighborhood safe for residents and their families by focusing on partnerships, communication, and activities to prevent crime.
- To build more trust and relationships by encouraging better communication and understanding between residents and the Grand Rapids Police Department (GRPD).
- Encourage residents to participate in the GRPD Citizens Police Academy, the GRPD Youth Academy, and other GRPD community-based programs.
- Provide residents with information, methods, and systems to safely and effectively report incidents to GRPD.
- To create place-based neighborhood strategies and projects in partnership with the Housing Impact Team to address landlord accountability for safe housing and tenant responsibility